Help your baby sleep better than you ever imagined with this 100% cotton knit Miracle Blanket.
The Miracle Blanket makes it easy to get the perfect swaddle every time, even in the dark!
Your baby will sleep better, longer and will be less fussy since he/she will finally get the sleep they (and you) so desperately need.
The fabric is a super soft cotton knit selected for several good reasons: It's breathable so that it can be used in warm climates while still being luxurious enough to keep your baby warm in cooler places; It has just enough stretch to absorb your baby's movements without coming undone but it's not so stretchy that it won't stay tight; And, most importantly, it stands up to constant use and washing. Like any baby fabric, you should wash it in the cold cycle and dry it on the delicate cycle.
Lay the blanket on a flat surface with the foot pouch at the bottom and lay baby between arm flaps with tops of shoulders slightly above top of blanket.
Fold the arm flaps over the outside of your baby's arms and tuck them snugly under her back on each side. IMPORTANT: You should lift the baby's bottom to be sure the arm flaps are flat and snug under baby's back.
Pull the foot pocket up over the feet. NOTE: Some babies' feet may not reach the foot pocket yet. This is okay: It will be there for them as they grow.
Fold the right side of the blanket over your baby's belly and tuck it under the left arm pit (her right). This flap should wrap all the way under the baby's back.
Wrap the left side of the blanket over the top of her belly and all the way around her until you run out of blanket. This is where it is important to pull the blanket snug. THE BLANKET MUST BE PULLED SNUG.
IMPORTANT: BE SURE THE TOP OF THE BLANKET IS SLIGHTLY BELOW THE TOPS OF THE SHOULDERS.
Important for newborns and smaller babies:
After wrapping the arms (Step 2), fold the bottom of the foot pocket up so the feet touch the bottom of the wrap. This will create a more perfect, custom swaddle. Follow steps 4-5.
To further enhance effectiveness, try the following:
After wrapping your baby, cradle her on your forearm facing down or forward.
Gently rock or jiggle your baby while making long "Shushing" sounds in her ear.
If your baby likes a pacifier, definitely use it
- If your baby seems too warm, dress her in a diaper and The Amazing Miracle Blanket only.
- The room temperature where your baby sleeps should be comfortable for a lightly dressed adult (67-72 Degrees F).
- As your baby grows, the blanket may seem loose around her legs. This is perfectly okay. This will allow for proper movement and development of her hip and knee joints.
- It is best to wrap your baby very snugly. It's normal for her to fuss when first wrapped - especially the first few times. But don't worry, after a week or two most babies begin to relax at the mere sight of the blanket.
- Be sure that the blanket is NOT touching your baby's cheeks. This may trigger her "Rooting Response" and may wake her. If the blanket is touching her cheeks, you have wrapped her too low in the blanket. You must be sure the top of the blanket is slightly below the tops of her shoulders.
- It is very important to tuck the arm flaps securely and flat under your baby's back as the flaps keep your baby from working her arms free and waking herself. This also keeps your baby's arms in the most effective position - at her sides.
- Many babies prefer to have their feet free. In step two you may position your baby with her feet on top of the foot pouch to see if your baby prefers to be wrapped this way.