Style meets goodness with this uniquely designed carrier featuring the Umba print by Ergobaby Guest Designer and Every Mother Counts Founder, Christy Turlington Burns.
Created to benefit Every Mother Counts, a non-profit organization dedicated to maternal health worldwide, this bold pattern originates from a small businesswoman and mother in Togo using wooden blocks to create the perfectly imperfect blue and brown print. Sold in solid brown as seen here, the pattern adds color and personality to this one-of-a-kind carrier.
As the first in our Guest Designer Series, Christy Turlington Burns chose this authentic African fabric to merge the unique sensibilities of African textile design with a fashionable, one-of-a kind twist on products parents use every day.
The Umba pattern was created by Chantal, a businesswoman in Togo, who provides for her family through textile design. Her batik method involves a specially carved wood stamp, hot wax and a white piece of cotton. Ergobaby is proud to work with The Collaborative Group, an organization that brings sustainable employment to women around the globe, to source design from the very regions served by the Every Mother Counts partnership.
- 100% Cotton Canvas
- 1 inch high density foam padded shoulder straps
- 1/4 inch high density EVA foam padded waist belt
- Umba print adjustable hood with embroidered my mom counts on the underside
- Small stuffed pouch, doubles as storage pocket
- Machine washable
- Comfortable parents: babys weight is evenly distributed between the hips and shoulders
- Ergonomic for baby: baby is cradled in a natural sitting position.
- 3 carry positions: Front, back, and hip carry positions
- The only carrier youll ever need: From newborn to toddler (7*-45 lb/3.2* 20 kg)